BAS/HVAC CONTROLS PROJECT ENGINEER
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Hours: 40–50 hours per week, some travel required
Salary: Competitive Salary
Under the Project Manager’s direction, the Project Engineer will act as the on-site project leader to plan, execute, and complete HVAC controls systems projects.
- Receives project documentation from Control System Designer and the field installation team.
- Perform or delegate tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning, and project closeout.
- Work closely with our installation team and other subcontractors and coordinate work to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards and contract requirements.
- Effectively communicate project details to project manager as required.
- Complete all start-up and commissioning of complete Building Automation Systems.
- Perform a point-to-point checkout of field hardware per standard procedures.
- Perform software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation.
- Prepare and complete all start-up and checkout documentation.
- Maintain on‐going project as‐built documentation.
- May prepare system graphics on all projects.
- Provide service support on existing projects insuring the systems meet customers’ expectations during the warranty period and beyond.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Attend project meetings as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma or GED and completion of any college, apprenticeship or equivalent work experience
- Possess computer skills, including knowledge in Office, VPNs, networking, and web technologies
- Understanding of mechanical systems and equipment; basic mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency and working knowledge of control systems and HVAC computer programming experience in any or all of the following (Tridium, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Trane, Siemens, Carrier, etc.)
- People skills, ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a professional manner
- Strong work ethic
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES
- Tridium/Niagara AX and/or N4 Certifications not required but preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Company-matched 401(k)
- Company Vehicle
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company Credit and Gas Card
- Clothing Allowance
- Cell Phone
- Vacation Time
WHY WORK FOR CONTROL SOLUTIONS, INC.?
Control Solutions is a premier building automation systems contractor serving the state of Michigan, with a competitive salary and unmatched benefits package including company vehicle, cell phone, company credit card and gas card, among several others.
We’re experts who listen first, evaluate needs, and then devise a thorough, well-thought-out plan. We are the exclusive Alerton, Trend, and Novar dealers in the state of Michigan, and support the complete line of Tridium products. We also have in-depth experience with other systems including Honeywell, Johnson Controls, Trane, Carrier, Siemens, Invensys, and Siemens, among others. Our services include installation, design/build, 24/7 emergency, managed services, test and balance (TAB), and commissioning and retro-commissioning.